An Update
Sorry about the slow week for posting from me, but thanks to the others for picking up the slack! This week was my first weekly reading tutor shift at Bankhead Elementary. I guess there's not too much to tell about it, except that the kids were in grade 2 and one was rather shy. For those of you wondering what happened to getting involved at Pearson Rd, I'm wondering the same thing. I drove to the school with the intent of introducing myself to the principal, but it just did not seem like the right thing to do and I ended up driving away. That happened twice in a row. I guess God has other plans.
This morning I met with the community outreach pastor from Emmanuel in Westbank. He's doing some pretty cool things over there, and I've been inspired to look into a few of them myself. One thing that has stuck for me was the idea of backyard VBSs in the summer. Emmanuel has done them for 2 years with pretty good success. They're like mini daycamps right in people's neighbourhoods. I've already thought of some different twists, like doing them in low income complexes and/or having afternoon field trips. What do you think? Has this sparked something in your heart?
1 Comments:
i think that would be a realyy cool idea, especially doing it in the lower income nieghborhoods and possibly even a field trip or two throughout the summer.
Post a Comment
<< Home