A Feel Good Story
I think we're all aware that my involvement in the schools likely won't (directly) produce a lot of measureable results, but here's a good story of connecting the dots...
Dot #1: The youth missions team canvasses before Easter, and we get a brother and sister who end of coming regularly.
Dot#2: It turns out that the brother and sister's mom is one of the volunteers in the same reading program at Springvalley as I am.
Dot#3: For some reason, the mom was talking to a boy in the program about Sunday School and the buses. The boy knows kids in the neighbourhood that come to our church and was interested. The mom told him that I'm involved in it.
Dot#4: This morning the mom told me that she told this boy about me. I wasn't sure how I was going to deal with it, because I certainly don't want to get kicked out of the schools for trying to get kids to come to church.
Dot#5: I went and got the kid from his class. The first thing he said when he sat down was, "I want to go to Sunday School."
DOt#6: I called Melissa to give his address so she can visit him...and the rest is ETERNITY.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home