Girls' Sleep-Over
The girls' sleep-over is just around the corner and I'm excited to see how it goes. The planning has been pretty well thought-out, quality leaders are in place, and--most importantly--there are people praying. However, there is one concern that I have. You have to understand that the devil has no interest in letting this be a great event that accomplishes things for eternal purposes in kids' lives. And so he'll look for weakness and attack at that point. I believe that the area most vulnerable will be unity amongst the leaders. So, simply put, you must get along. Younger workers must respect the leadership of the older ones. The older ones need to be patient with the younger ones. Everyone must LOVE each other, even if they don't like each other. If you don't know how to do that, read 1 Corinthians 13.
Something that will go a long way is humility and submission to one another. Consider the following passage:
"Young men [and women!] in the same way be submissive to those who are older. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, 'God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.'" 1 Peter 5:5
Ladies, let's work with God and not against him. I believe in you and I know that God wants to do good things with this sleep-over. Now, go take on the sleep-over!
1 Comments:
i think the sleep over will not only be good for the kids, but it will give the leaders a chance to get to know eachother and the kids better.
Post a Comment
<< Home