Please Pray with Me
More than ever I'm sensing the call to pray. I'd like to present some elequent discertation on why we should pray, with stories and scriptures to back it up. But all I've got at this moment (as I sit in Second Cup with just a few more moments before I have to get back to the church) is this burning desire for you to have the same sense.
I believe with all my heart that the most powerful work we can do for the kids we're trying to reach is to pray for them. That's why it's so hard. That's why we can never seem to get to it. That's why it's so hard to do when we actually get to it. That's why we often don't even want to.
Unless you consciously carve out some time to pray, it's not going to happen. Tuesdays, 6:00PM is our designated prayer time. Would you carve out 15 or 20 minutes (or more) a week to sit and pray and wait and listen? If you can't make it to the church, do it wherever you're at.
This Tuesday when I'm in NYC, I'm going to make a point of praying at that time. It might not be for more than a few minutes but I'm going to do it. I hope you'll join me. It's not the least you could do. It's the most.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home